Friday, September 18, 2009

Results of the S3 Poll


I've deleted the poll from the blog as it has run its course. The responses were overwhelmingly positive (77%!) for S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. Of course only 22 people responded. I should probably post this kind of thing over at Dragonsfoot or at RPG.net. But then I'd have to sign up for an account with them and blah, blah, blah...

Of the 6 respondents who have only DM'd the module (including myself) 4 loved it and 2 were "so-so" (I was one of the latter). Of the 9 respondents who had only played the module, 7 loved it and 2 did not. Of the folks that had done both, 6 enjoyed it both ways while 1 found at least one aspect (DMing or playing) annoying or less than fun.

Thanks for the feedback...just goes to show that I really DON'T have a pulse on what folks like!
: )

2 comments:

  1. I never played it as a kid, and finally got a chance to read it a few years ago. I thought it was pretty 'meh.' I don't remember what made it so surprisingly blah for me. I usually like science-fantasy in my D&D. Maybe my expectations were too high.

    I didn't vote in the poll since my experience (or lack thereof) wasn't applicable directly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problema, hombre...I won't hold it against you!

    Dig the name, by the way...we played A LOT of Marvel back in the day (even though that whole "lose all karma" thing really didn't jibe with my killer instincts...come to think of it, I'm not so sure that readers of today's comic books would even understand that, seeing as how many anti-heroes flit through the pages of comics these days...).

    ReplyDelete